Sunday, October 18, 2009

I've got it!!!

MY NEW MAJOR WILL BE INTERNATIONAL STUDIES

I feel so good about this. I think sociology is definitely really interesting, but in reflection I felt a little strange about choosing it as my future path. I realized that what I found so fascinating was the issues about race and ethnicity. Also, I realized that I really miss keeping up with the news. I have Reuters bookmarked, but I'm always so miserable and tired. With international studies, I can be a better-educated political junkie, learn about all the cultures and governmental systems that I find so amazing, get back into Spanish (YAYAYYYYY), take another language, and my study abroad will perfectly enhance my major. I can do language immersion and maybe (gasp!) become fluent in Spanish, which would be...like a dream.

Estoy tan emocionada...no puedo expresar asi alegria.

1 comment:

Robert said...

It's good to see you happy again.
Please go study abroad in Spain so I will have an excuse to go there :)