Sunday, September 30, 2007

criminal insufficiency.

Last night was one of the more interesting experiences I have had.
I went with some cool kids (T, C, and A) to a show our friend E was playing. She was up first and we left after she got off stage, even though she had urged us to stay for the other two acts...oh well. The guy after her, though talented, was older and visually unappealing. But I digress.
There's not much to do at 10 PM when you're 16 and no one you know is having a party. We got some Mexican food at Cosmic, then drove around in C's car for a while, blasting Say Anything and Regina Spektor out of the windows. I suggested we go play on the swings at my church's playground.
We drove to my church and screwed around for a while on the swings. (It was actually really fun. I haven't acted like a little kid in a long time.) After about 10 minutes, T and C mentioned they needed to use the bathroom, so I volunteered to let them into the church...after all, I know the keypad code.
What I forgot was that security systems go off even if you know the code.
Basically, I did a B&E on my own church.
The alarm system started freaking out. ("Oh, shit!") I tried to disarm it but a) didn't have any idea how and b) accidentally pressed the FIRE button, at which point I turned around and said, "Oookay, let's get out of here." We sprinted to C's car, piled in, and sped away.
The whole experience made me think of Dane Cook. Also about criminal psychology, and whether or not an accidental break-and-enter could be a trigger for deviant behavior. Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm an idiot. Either way, I'd be a terrible criminal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i love life
-Caitlyn

bitchntomato said...

hey i got one of these things to entertain myself with. thought you should know

Lindsey said...

haha i almost wish i had been there to witness you commit that unholy act of trespassing on God's property.

shame shame, cat.

:)

Anonymous said...

we need to talk about this