Saturday, June 12, 2010

rules.

Here are my new standards:
  1. I am a feminist. If you believe men are inherently superior to women, I don't want you in my life.
  2. I am staunchly anti-religious. If you are super religious, I'm not interested.
  3. I am liberal and I get pissed off and rant about politics. If you don't like that, go away.
I'm just not dealing with it. I get to choose who I involve in my life, both with friendships and romantic relationships. I spent a lot of time compromising and smothering my strongly-held beliefs for the sake of a relationship, and I refuse to do it anymore, since apparently that doesn't work. It's an important lesson. Compromise in a relationship is important, but not as important as knowing who you are, fundamentally, as an individual and protecting that identity. And who I am is an outspoken liberal feminist with a vendetta against all organized religion. You don't like it? Don't bother me.

No comments: