Thursday, July 1, 2010

july is going to be a good month.

I am so happy.

My job gives me immense personal satisfaction. They love me and are constantly surprised at the quality of my work and the quickness with which I get it done. I am always learning. Yesterday, I learned about Esther Duflo, the second woman ever to win the extremely prestigious Clark Medal in Economics, because we're thinking about inviting her to speak in a seminar series this fall and I needed to find her contact information. Two weeks ago, I learned how to use Dreamweaver, and I totally get it. Our web designer is really impressed with how quickly I'm picking it up. Next week, I'm decorating a bulletin board with a world map and push pins to indicate where we have students currently doing fieldwork.

I feel so good about myself. I'm sleeping better and eating fairly healthy and drinking water (but still not exercising...oh well). I get dressed up every day to go to work, and I feel beautiful. I am moving the hell on with my life! And it feels great.

Mom advised me the other day that I need to find Transition Man. That made me giggle. I asked if Transition Man was anything like Rebound Man. She tried to look serious, and said, "yeah, sort of." Apparently, Transition Man is hot and stupid and fun, and once I find him, he can take me out a couple times and then I don't have to call him again.

Sounds like Rebound Man. Sounds good to me. I'm interesting and witty and hot, and I need some fun in my life.

No comments: