Thursday, July 22, 2010

why home sucks.

I just did something incredibly rude without meaning to at ALL. Mom's boyfriend is now really angry at me. Great.

It's so much harder to deal with people who don't love you being angry with you. There is no guarantee that he doesn't hate me. He has no incentive to forgive me for being an ass. He can just be a jack ass to me forever if he wants, since he's not actually my family.

Mom told me that I did what I did because I honestly think my opinion is the only one that matters. I find that really hard to believe, but I can't find any other way around it. I don't think I'm that selfish and stupid, but my actions seem to be telling a different story. She goes, "Why don't you just learn to stop and take a breath before you do things?"

Because by the time I realize I need to take a breath, I'm already in trouble.

This is fucking ridiculous. I'm almost 20 years old. You would think I would be able to interact with people in a manner befitting a young adult instead of like a petulant, poorly-disciplined child.

Needless to say, this has sealed the deal on my decision to stay in Chapel Hill next summer and never live at home again. I would much rather have a great relationship with my family some of the time than a stressful, often shitty one all the time.

No comments: