Monday, April 12, 2010

desires.

A list of ten things I would spend money on right now, if only I weren't in the throes of oncoming financial distress caused by a probable lack of student aid for the fall semester and/or not having a job:
  1. Big, pretty wedges and sandals with lots of straps.
  2. Regina Spektor albums on iTunes.
  3. Dresses, stylish shorts, and skirts for summer.
  4. Long strand necklaces.
  5. My e.e. cummings tattoo.
  6. A book of e.e. cummings poetry.
  7. A new tote bag since the one I use now is stained.
  8. Haircut to even up ends and layer properly.
  9. "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer.
  10. New cellphone since my screen is cracked and I can't see my text messages as I am typing them, which makes it really difficult for me to make sure all the words are spelled and spaced correctly, and then I die on the inside if it turns out I spelled something wrong.
UNC needs to tell me that they want me to go to their school. And then immediately say that they're giving me plenty of money so that I can stop stressing about how the hell I'm going to LIVE next year. And then Duke Global Health needs to call me and be like, "hey, come be a secretary person and get paid lots of money to dress up cute and answer phones." Then I will have a reason to buy dress up clothes and get a haircut. And my list will be shorter.

No comments: